In this guide we will show you how our teleprompter remote works, the first steps to set it up and basic operations with some of the major telepromter APPs.
You do not need to read the entire guide, we have structured it so that you only consult the sections corresponding to your remote firmware, your device and the app of your choice.
- The remote is recognized as a keyboard therefore while connected in Teleprompter mode, the on-screen virtual keyboard will not appear. If you need to type without disconnecting, temporarily switch the knob to “Player” mode by sliding the side switch down.
- The firmware of the remote is updated frequently to improve its performance. Some of the indications below may be somewhat different . If you have questions contact us , we are here to help you 🙂
Charging the battery of the teleprompter remote
The remote has a rechargeable lithium battery with a range of 20 hours. The battery does not always come pre-charged from the factory.
When the lithium battery of the remote control starts to run out, depending on the firmware, it indicates one of these ways:
- MOCUTE Firmware: LED blinks.
- Gamepad Firmware: Illuminating the Led in the color opposite your system (red or blue depending on the case).
If the remote is on and unused for more than 5 minutes, it will be turned off to save battery power.
To charge the remote control connect it with a USB cable to a 5v USB port or a mobile phone charger. During charging the Led lights up, when the remote is fully charged, it goes out.
Basic functions of the teleprompter remote
- ON: Press the START button for 3 seconds, the LED light will turn on.
- OFF: Press the START button for about 5 seconds, the LED light will turn off.
- RESET: Press and hold the hidden button in the back using a paper clip or any other sharp object. This is useful when the remote doesn’t respond well, doesn’t synchronize, doesn’t turn on/off or has a strange performance.
Use modes of the remote for teleprompter
The side button allows you to configure the remote in two different modes. As teleprompter remote or player (remote of the main audio or video player). Slide the side button up or down to toggle between these two modes of use.
Player mode (side selector down)
In this mode the command acts as a remote control for media player, to remotely control applications such as Spotify. Although it’s not the subject of this guide, we are going to mention that, under this mode, buttons will control playback, volume or skip tracks.
Teleprompter mode (side selector above)
In this mode, the remote acts as controller for the main teleprompter APPs. To use the remote with your teleprompter, always remember to set it up in the appropriate mode before opening the teleprompter APP. If you press the remote buttons, and your device increases and lowers the volume, this indicates that the command is NOT in the right mode, you must change the side selector so you can control your teleprompter app.
Since each teleprompter application has been developed by different programmers, not all APPs will allow all the teleprompter remote functions. In this guide, we show you some of the best known and more recommended ones.
NOTE: in Android system, under this mode, the remote also allows you to navigate through menus and applications, to do this, put it lying down leaving the joystick on the left side. The joystick controls the navigation movements, the buttons are used to activate and to go back.
How to set up the remote for your device
Our controls are compatible with the two main systems of the mobile and tablet market: iOS (Apple) and Android (Google).
Depending on the firmware of your remote (the name that appears when connecting: Gamepad or MOCUTE), the way to pair with your device will be slightly different. For correct operation of your remote follow the instructions for your remote firmware.
Choose the tab for your remote firmware (the name that appears when connecting):
How to connect the remote for teleprompter with MOCUTE firmware to our device
- Access the Bluetooth settings screen of your device and confirm that the Bluetooth function is activated.
- Turn ON the remote. Shortly after turning on, the red LED should flash, indicating that it is searching for devices.
- You should be able to see the remote in your device as MOCUTE (with blue LED). Tap to connect it, going from “not connected” to “connected”. From now on, every time you turn off and on the teleprompter remote, your iPad or iPhone will recognize it and connect to it automatically.
Remote control for Teleprompter with GAMEPAD firmware : Change settings for Android or iOS
By default, our remotes usually come configured for Android systems (the LED lights is blue), if your device is from Apple (iPad or iPhone), the first thing you should do is change it to iOS mode, for this:
- Press the START button for about 3 seconds to turn the remote on. If the light is red (IOS mode), do nothing, it’s already set up for iOS.
- If the light is blue (Android mode) you have to switch it to iOS mode:
- Press START for about 5 seconds to turn it off.
- Turn on the remote by simultaneously pressing the buttons START+1 until the light turns red.
To switch from iOS to Android, perform the same process by pressing START+3 instead of START+1
How to connect the remote for teleprompter with Gamepad firmware to our device
Follow the connecting instructions like the remote with MOCUTE firmware, taking into account the following:
- Android: Your remote will be recognized as “Gamepad” (instead MOCUTE).
- IOS: Your remote will be recognized as “Gamepad_iOS” (instead MOCUTE) and the status LED is red (instead blue)..
Controlling the main teleprompter APPs with the remote
Here we show, as example, how to control some teleprompter applications. Remember that before opening the application you should check that the configuration of the remote is correct:
- Check in the Bluetooth settings that the remote is correctly connected.
- Set up the remote in Teleprompter mode (side selector up in order to use Teleprompter functions).
How to use the remote for teleprompter TP-iLight PRO to control the APP Simple Teleprompter (Android tablet or mobile)
Simple Teleprompter is a simple application to use, its functions are basic but, along with the remote for the TP-iLight PRO teleprompter, they form a very practical and easy to use system.
To use our teleprompter remote with the APP Simple Teleprompter, do the following:
- Create or open a text, press SAVE AND START to launch it. Functions are:
- Joystick down: play/pause
- Joystick left: forward
- Joystick right: rewinds
How to use the remote for TP-iLight PRO teleprompter to control the APP dv Prompter (iOS: iPad/iPhone)
With the APP DV Prompter, the remote allows you to use basic functions. It’s a good application to use, which has the advantage of being free, however we recommend the APP iCue, it isn’t free, but is by far the best, allowing you to configure the remote to your liking and it’s much more operational.
To use the remote with the teleprompter app dv prompter, follow these steps:
- Open the APP DV Prompter, look in configuration for the "Remote Type" option and select "Bluetooth".
- Open or create a text and this will be launched automatically. The functions allowed in this APP are:
- Press and hold down the joystick: Pause
- Release the joystick to its central position: play
- Press Joystick down twice: change the speed between slow, normal and fast.
- Press Joystick down with little touches repeatedly: rewind a bit.
How to use the remote for teleprompter TP-iLight PRO to control the APP iCue (iOS: iPad/iPhone)
The APP iCue (also known as iAutocue or PrompterPal), is by far the best teleprompter application for iOS (that we know of), it allows you to redefine each key of the remote depending on your preferences. It’s not a free APP, but if you’re going to really use it, it’s worth it.
NOTE: Our remote for the TP-iLight PRO teleprompter works internally as a keyboard in which each of the buttons corresponds to 2 keys of the keyboard, one when you press the button and another when you release the button. This means that your device thinks you have connected a keyboard and when you press, for example, the X button of the remote, your device believes that you pressed the letter “h” of a keyboard and when you release the X button, it believes you have pressed the letter “r”. This occurs with each of the 5 front buttons and all 4-ways of the joystick (up, down, left and right).
To use the remote with the teleprompter app iCue, follow these steps:
- Create or open a test text.
- Press the wheel to display the setup menu
- Click on the "remote" menu and choose the "Blue Tooth keyboard" option
- Now you can set each function of the application with a button on your remote, to do this, do the following in each of the control functions you’re interested in:
- Click the action you want to set up in the screen, for example, the first is Play/Pause, click on it to change it (it will turn blue).
- Press a button on the remote, such as START and release it. You just set up the Play/Pause function on the START button of your remote.
- Repeat this sequence with each of the functions you want to control from the remote (you can also use the joystick directions as buttons or "triggers": forward/backward, increase/decrease speed, etc).
- Note that every button on the controller corresponds to 2 keys (one when you press and another when release), to set up the press button, hold the button on the remote (or direction of the Joystick) and before releasing it, press "activate".
- Make sure there is no repeat keys to prevent unwanted operation.
You can set your remote as you like, as a reference, we use this combination of buttons:
Additional help with the teleprompter remote
The most common problems with Bluetooth peripherals have to do with pairing. Our remote has been tested with different devices (telephones, tablets and even TVs) being very simple to connect, however in occasional times it costs to connect.
If you have successfully connected to other devices but you do not get it with yours, this happens because when the remote connects to a device, it is reconfigured at the firmware level. To connect to your device you must reset it. To do this try the following sequence:
- Turn off the controller by pressing START until the light goes out.
- In your list of bluetooth devices, if your remote appears in the list, choose “disconnect” and then “omit device” or “delete.”
- Turn on the power.
- Press reset (hidden button on the back) and hold it for about 30 seconds.
- Turn on the remote and look under what name it identifies it in your device’s bluetooth list:
- Android: pair directly.
- iOS: pair directly.
- Android: pair directly.
- iOS: Before pairing switch to iOS mode following the guide.
- Turn off the device Wifi before connecting.
- Turn off and back on the Bluetooth on your device
- Disconnect the remote if it was connected previously.
- Restart the remote switching between Android/iOS or vice versa.
- Charge the remote.
- Try another device to confirm that the problem is not the remote.
- Try connecting other peripheral bluetooth on your device to confirm that the device is not the problem.
Other solutions recommended by manufacturer:
Si aún así no consigues conectar no dudes en consultarnos o solicitar una devolución o cambio.
Esperamos que disfrutes tu nuevo teleprompter. Si tienes cualquier pregunta o sugerencia, contacta con nosotros.